#19 - How To Use Money to Overcome the Scarcity Mindset
Most of us have been taught that money is scarce. We're told that there's never enough to go around, and we should hoard as much as we can. But what if I told you that this scarcity mindset is actually costing you money?
Think about it this way: when you believe there's not enough money to go around, you're more likely to make poor financial decisions out of fear. You might be afraid to invest in a training or service because you think you can't afford it, even though it could be a great opportunity. Or you might avoid taking any risks at all because you don't want to end up penniless.
The truth is, money is abundant. There's more than enough for everyone, and if you learn how to tap into that abundance, you can overcome the scarcity mindset and start making better decisions with your money.
The scarcity mindset is a destructive belief system that can find its way into every area of life.
- In work, it may be seen as an inability to relax, hesitation to delegate tasks and/or ask for help, or a preoccupation over competition with colleagues.
- In relationships, it might look like difficulty trusting, expectations of betrayal and criticism, or consistent worrying about “not having enough” love or connection.
- Financially, it might look like hoarding resources due to fear of never having enough money, rigid financial goals at the expense of enjoying other experiences in life, or overlooking opportunities due to fear of failure.
These manifestations can stunt not just individual progress but also meaningful connections with others and the world around us. Recognizing the ways in which these unhealthy patterns play out can be an empowering step towards freeing ourselves from their grasp.
Typically when we talk about people having a scarcity mindset, we look at it like it’s a bad thing. On the outside, it seems like having an abundant mindset would be better than having a scarce mindset. Tune into this week's episode to find out how you can USE your scarcity mindset to achieve your goals.
What’s inside this episode…
- The difference between the scarcity mindset and the abundance mindset
- How to harness your negative money mindset for positive change
- The most common roadblocks to your personal development
Featured on the show
- The scarcity mentality versus abundance mentality
- The Missing Step to Achieving Your Goals podcast episode
- Want to really do this work? Get your free journal prompts here
- Interested in a free coaching session? Get on my calendar HERE
- Like us on Insta
- Follow us on Facebook
- Subscribe to our show so that you’ll never miss a new episode!
- Love it? We’d greatly appreciate a review in Apple Podcasts