#41 Unconscious Competence
Have you ever met someone who is really good at something - and they don't even know it?
Have you ever considered that that person might be you?
Oftentimes, we get so good at a particular skill that we’re no longer aware of it. Sadly, this can result in additional work on our plates.
In this week's episode, we're diving into unconscious competence - what it is and how to use it to delegate tasks, to grow into bigger roles and how to mentor your team.
When you understand the different levels of the competence ladder, you allow yourself to move up the ladder of success, quicker. More so, you have tools to help your team do the same.
For those managers who find themselves doing everything (because it's just faster when you do it yourself!), this episode is for you.
What’s inside this episode…
- How to uncover where you are on the competence ladder
- Why you must call awareness to your unconscious skills (and what can happen if you don’t)
- How highlighting our skills will foster meaningful conversation and learning
Featured on the show
- Join the from Busy to Balanced Mini-Workshop
- Noel Burch’s Competence Ladder
- Want to really do this work? Get your free journal prompts here
- Like us on Insta
- Follow us on Facebook
- Subscribe to our show so that you’ll never miss a new episode!
- Love it? We’d greatly appreciate a review in Apple Podcasts